Wednesday, January 5, 2011

For Adoption - Brandon

Name: Brandon
Sex: Male
Age: 8 years old
Breed: Cocker Spaniel
*In good health apart from dry skin

Hello everyone,


I am Brandon - that’s what my fosterer calls me. My initial owner left me at the void deck of Blk 671, Jalan Damai one cold December morning in 2010. I thought he left me there for a little while, so I waited and waited but he never came back for me. I was really hungry and thirsty. It was only around night time that a group of teenagers noticed me and gave me some food and water. While they were helping me find temporary lodging, an officer from SPCA came and took me away. The nice teenagers tried to stop him but he refused and insisted on taking me away :(



It suddenly dawned on me that my owners didn’t want me anymore. I was devastated as I had spent a good 8 years of my life with them. I thought I had been a good boy. I understand simple commands and I am even toilet trained! I am better than many other dogs! Maybe they didn’t want me since I am no longer young and suffer from eye and ear infections; but that was because they didn’t bother to take me to the Vet when I needed medical attention and they neglected me! It was through no fault of mine. My body was also covered with ticks. What could I have done to make them continue loving and taking care of me?  They probably thought that I would be a huge burden to the family. I felt so unwanted and thought that maybe death would release me from this misery and agony.


Some kind souls got to know me from the group of teenagers. They bailed me out from the SPCA and sent me for grooming and a check up at the vet. Doctors estimate me to be about 7 or 8 years old. I was nursed back to health by my fosterer, a kind lady, who could not understand why fate has been so cruel to a good boy like me. She kept telling me to forget about my owner and that I deserve someone better; someone who will stand by me in illness or in old age.


Still, I yearned to go home and kept begging my fosterer to find my owner. I was told that I have no home to go back to. I was devastated. Words could not describe my pain and sorrow. I don’t understand why the foster and her friends keep calling me Brandon. That’s not my name! I don’t remember what my real owners called me but I really miss them terribly. They were my family; they were my life. Each day I live in the hope that they will come back for me but as the days pass, that glimmer of hope is fading.

My fosterer says that despite my age, I am a sweet and playful Cocker Spaniel. I absolutely love long car rides and playing with toys just like dogs much younger than me. I get on well with all dogs and give in to them and I love human companionship. I hope I will get adopted into a nice loving home and never be abandoned again!


Love,
Brandon


Contact: dogs_ink@singnet.com.sg


Story was put together by Shirley and Jo-Ann.

No comments:

Post a Comment